Thank you for visiting and congratulations on expecting a baby/babies (if applicable)!
A birth doula is a person trained and experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after childbirth.
How can having a doula benefit your birth experience?
Studies have shown that having a doula can lead to:
- 50% fewer cesareans
- 25% shorter labors with fewer complications
- 40% less use of pitocin (a labor-inducing drug)
- 60% fewer requests for epidural anesthesia
- better success with breast-feeding
- less postpartum depression
Please visit http://www.dona.org for more info
My complete services include:
- free initial consultation
- 2 prenatal meetings to develop your birth plan and practice relaxation/visualization
- 24/7 on call support starting 2 weeks before your due date
- arrival within one hour of contact when you are in labor and will remain with you throughout the entire labor/delivery
- stay for up to 1-2 hours after delivery until you are comfortable
- breast-feeding assistance
- picture taking with your equipment
- follow-up visit